Patients are managed according to international triage principles ensuring that patients are attended to according to priority of their medical condition. The unit also offers services to victims of rape in a professional setting. Patient privacy and confidentiality is ensured.
• 425 beds
• 10 (+2) Bed fully equipped adult Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
• 9 Operating theatres
• Medical, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology wards
• 35 bed Maternity Unit with 4 world class labour wards
• 40 bed Postnatal Unit
• 10 bed Kangaroo mother Care Unit
• Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
• Medical and Surgical Peadiatric wards
The departments is operate from 08H00 to 17H00 on weekdays. All patients who wish to attend OPD clinics should have a referral letter or booking.
• Ear Nose and Throat Surgery
• General Surgery
• Gynaecology and Obstetrics
• Internal Medicine
• Mother and Child Health Care
• Clinical Psychology
• Social Welfare
• Dietetics and Nutrition
In and outpatient services are supported by allied health care services.
• Physiotherapy and Occupational therapy
The physiotherapy and occupational therapy departments provide assessments, treatment and rehabilitative programs to support medical and surgical care plans of a variety of clinical conditions.
This state of the art unit provides all aspects of diagnostic imaging services. Facilities include; General X-rays, Computer Tomography (CT Scans), Ultra sound, MRI, Mammography, Bone Densitometry and other specialized examinations (Hysterosalpingograms, barium meals, barium swallows, sonograms, histograms, urethrograms are also performed).
• Pathology Laboratories
A 24 hour, independent pathology laboratory service is available in the hospital.
The service is operated by Ampath
• Main Pharmacy
The main pharmacy located near the OPD dispenses medications to in and out patients from 07H00 to 17H00 weekdays.
• Retail Pharmacy
The retail pharmacy which is located next to the main hospital entrance offers a 24 hour service, seven days a week. The pharmacy dispenses medications for hospital and retail patients and also stocks toiletries and gifts.